09 – Chateau Coliving Castle France
A coliving project is not necessarily a coliving project. Sure, you heard of coliving projects before. Of course you did, as you are a regular listener to this podcast…..maybe. This time, however, be prepared to think big. Because we are talking about A CASTLE. You heard it right, read on…
Okay, let’s be honest: you most probably belong to those kind of people who didn’t randomly inherit a castle, right? Katia, however, did so. She will share are story with us where not everything is flowers and pink ponies. Such a project can be blessing and curse at the same time. Well, just listen yourself to it.
It might be more than counterintuitive, especially when pursuing a location independent lifestyle, to commit yourself with maybe the biggest thing you’ve ever did in life.
In this episode you will learn about…
- How Katia transitioned into a nomadic lifestyle in a time when the term “digital nomad” did not even exist yet
- What it takes in the core to start your own coworking and coliving project
- Why you can’t simply transform your guesthouse into a coworking and coliving project
(spoiler alert: you’re not covered with a somewhat faster internet connection than before)
- How YOU can buy your own castle tomorrow! (Okay no, that’s a lie)
Put your romanticism aside for the next 30 minutes and hear what it really means to have such a mammoth project only even starting.
Really useful links and material:
- Chateau Coliving: www.chateaucoliving.com
- At 04:47, Katia mentions the Nine Coliving Project in Tenerife: www.ninecoliving.com
- At 26:26, a cat café which is a concept that first came up in Japan. It’s a café full of cats basically.
- Music: Dan Lizard – Happy feelings