We are happy to announce that Economadia co-founder Jorin together with Ana will have an interesting and hands-down project starting: the Economadia Coworking Farm.
At the Economadia Coworking Farm location-independent workers striving to be part of a real-life community of like-minded people and seeking for more sustainable ways to live closer to nature are welcomed. It is going to happen from October to December in a beautiful place close to Porto in the north of Portugal as a pilot project: a coliving and coworking space where one can work and focus on his/her own professional and personal projects. The intention is to create an environment of sharing knowledge, ideas, inspirations and everyday life together.
Due to the fact that a rising number of people can do their job remotely and are thus location-independent we see a bunch of new opportunities in combining cultural city life with regenerating rural life; combining living closer to nature with the advantage of technology and achievements that we have nowadays.
We want to bring together people from different backgrounds and their ideas and projects. Digital nomads, artists, authors, students of life, or anyone who considers him/herself as location-independent. By living together we have the chance to know to each other better which leads to longer-lasting and more profound bonds. Regarding that everyone has their own private room as well as the common areas there will be a good mixture of privacy and participation in the house life.
COLIVING IN THE FARM
You will have the chance to show your skills in a variety of different things: making home-made bread and pizza on our wood oven, challenging your flatmates in society games, sporting activities like darts or badminton, cooking together, slap out some song during a karaoke night, enjoying camp fire, mixing the best smoothie of Barcelos, and whatever we come up with.
Plus, living in such a farm has some nice extras: you can go jogging in the green surroundings and stay fit, pick fruits directly from the tree and stay healthy, wake up by the sound of roosters and stay in the campfire at night watching the (clear) starry sky!
We believe that the common shopping policy for food and nutrition is an important point and we want to do our best to find a good balance for everybody. That’s why we will buy groceries and cook together. By doing so the intention is to buy as much as possible from the local market. Apart from that you are of course free to buy your personal items.
Our vision in context with Economadia is to have this project for a limited time in order to understand first hand the challenges of creating and living in such a community – and experiencing it will allow us to share the outcome with a network of like-minded people. Moreover, we see it as a first trial to launch such a project on a bigger scale.
If you have any creative project, artistic idea or skill you would like to teach and share we would love to hear from you so we can bring the best possible group together to the farm.
ABOUT THE FARM
- The project is going from October to December 2017
- The farm is located in a quiet area 3km from the city of Barcelos, Portugal.
- The farm has 4 bedrooms and a huge outdoor area (also good for camping)
- You can choose to stay either on a weekly or monthly base
- Prices for the rooms depending on the size vary from 40€ – 90€ per week. On top of that we have to share the running expenses (water, gas, electricity, internet) which is 2.5€ per person per day. There is also the opportunity to camp or to come with your camper van.
- We have a river, outdoor dining area and lots of green areas in the farm.
- There is a projector for movie nights or watching TedX videos, a fireplace for campfire and BBQ, a badminton court, a space which can be used as a studio or atelier
- There will be instruments around like a guitar, some drums and we are open for whatever you want to contribute
- There is everything you may need on this farm and if you would like to go to town for the night or for any needs or shops you can walk or cycle to the city. Bicycles can be used to reach all of the facilities in the area we need.
- We are having a bunch of ideas to organize some small events
- From Barcelos you can easily reach the cities Porto, Braga and Guimaraes by bus, train or car in less than one hour which makes it easy to go out and meet new people during the weekends.
- Buses and trains departing daily from and to Barcelos (closest airport is Porto)
For potential questions shoot us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
See you soon at the Economadia Coworking Farm!